We had planned on taking our annual trip to the apple orchard on Wednesday, as this was the boys' first early release day. Well, that day ended up being nearly 100 degrees and quite miserable outside. So we postponed until Friday when the temperatures had become much more fall-like. It was a great decision, as we had just perfect weather for our apple picking.
The boys were ready to get pickin'!
This year, the ripe varieties for us to pick included jonathons, galas, and golden delicious.
Evelyn's first taste of an orchard-fresh apple -- yummo!
The girls did a good job of holding down the fort, aka wagon, while the boys picked some beauties.
Like father, like daughter. . .
Violet wasn't all that interested in picking, but Russ tried to show her how fun it is.
The boys didn't really need her help anyway.
Oliver's determined face while utilizing the apple picker. . .
Evelyn double-fisting it with the apples. Wherever could she have learned this technique??
I have a pretty good idea.
Mom, where are they taking me?
I take a similar picture each year to this, and I love watching how my kids grow (in size and number)!
While daddy was paying for our 34 pounds (!) of apples, the boys harassed the poor ducks for awhile.
Then the kids played on their favorite slide (including daddy and Evelyn).
Then my girls and I relaxed on the porch swing on this beautiful September day.
Did you notice Violet's super-cute new violet specs? Ya, they lasted less than 10 hours. This girl can do a serious number on a pair of glasses, and we have a 'glasses graveyard' to prove it.
The sweetest part of the trip to Pome on the Range is definitely the cider slushes!
Like the rest of us, Evelyn was a huge fan of the cider slush.
I think she was a huge fan of the orchard in general! Can you believe this little sweetie will be a year old in one short week??
I'm so excited to get to work making all things apple with our yummy harvest!
No comments:
Post a Comment