Happy, happy birthday to my Sweet EvieJune! I know I say this all of the time, but I truly can't believe a year has passed since we welcomed this beautiful baby into our lives. She has brought us so much joy, love, and laughter in the past 365 days and is the perfect "cherry on top" for our family.
Russ and I were talking and he told me that Evelyn's birthday was the best day of his life. Of course, I asked him why he felt that way, and this is what he said (paraphrased). . . When Calvin was born, it was really great and all, but we didn't appreciate it. We took the whole thing for granted and assumed that when babies are born, this is just how it goes. Well, we learned with Oliver and Violet that it isn't just how it goes. Those two birthdays were stressful and frightening, as we were not sure what the future held for our babies. So when Evelyn was born, perfectly healthy and not requiring any medical intervention, it was absolutely amazing. At this point, we most certainly knew all of what can go wrong, and the fact that none of it went wrong this time? Well, that was just the best gift ever. So Yes, I completely agree with Russ. September 20, 2012, will go down as the best day of my life as well because all four of our children were healthy on this day and our family was complete.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above", and we are so thankful to God above for the perfect gift of our Evelyn! (Stay tuned for the big celebration this weekend. . .)
"Every good and perfect gift is from above", and we are so thankful to God above for the perfect gift of our Evelyn! (Stay tuned for the big celebration this weekend. . .)

No comments:
Post a Comment