With our ticket punched for the State Tournament in Hutch, we had several items to attend to. First, I needed to replace Calvin's fathead that my other son (who will remain nameless) lost during the first round of sub-state. Thankfully, my awesome friend Kristel was able to make and deliver (to church) this HUGE one on Monday morning! I could barely fit him in the selfie, he's so big.
Then as an Endowment board (the group who does the Gala each year), we decided to sell State T-shirts to raise money for scholarships. This required a huge amount of organization with the quick turn around (sub-state championship Saturday night and needed shirts delivered by Tuesday) and we had almost 400 shirts ordered in less than 24 hours! Thank goodness for Jamie, Jodi, and Ashli! I helped sort and distribute the shirts Tuesday evening. The design was a cool throw-back to the "busting through" Eagle of the early 90s.
Also Tuesday evening, we mommas put together goodie bags for our boys to take with them. Kim helped make them extra-special with the gold number and "survival kit" list on front.
Will get these and our new shirts packed, along with the uniforms, of course!
Next, we had the matter of signs to make. Evelyn made a couple; I made one; and Violet made one!
I was SO PROUD of how well Violet did! I lightly wrote the letters with pencil, but she did the tracing completely by herself. AND she drew the basketball and smiley faces without any help. I think it turned out just perfect.
Wednesday morning finally arrived and we all met at the school for the send-off! Coaches announced the players as they walked on the stage.
Then everyone cheered as they headed out the doors! Go Calvin! Go Willie! Go Eagles!!
We found our spot along 7th Street to cheer them on as they left town. We parked near Calvin's sign.
Police escorted them out with full sirens and lots of horns honking along the way.
Next agenda item was decorating the car. I had Winnie looking great.
She's ready to bring home a championship!
Finally preparation was to pick up these sweet girls and hit the road. Hutch, here we come!!

.jpg)





















No comments:
Post a Comment