Thursday, March 28, 2024

NHS Time for Oliver

 This week Oliver was inducted into the Wellsville High School chapter of the National Honor Society.  This induction ceremony was extra-special because, as an officer, Calvin was one of those inducting him! (The other thing that made this one more special that Calvin's is that they had cookies this time.  Other than than, it was the same 8-minute ceremony as before.)

Jayden introduced Calvin and he talked about the NHS pillar of "character" and lit the green candle.
It's pretty special having both of my boys up there together!
Then Oliver said the pledge and received his certificate -- officially a National Honor Society member!
We got a picture of the new class of inductees as well as the whole group of WHS NHS members.
I had to get pictures of my handsome boys.  Yes, I will always claim Matt as mine :)
Oliver got home from golf practice with just a few minutes to get ready for the ceremony, so I had his clothes laid out for him.  When Calvin saw it, he said, "That's the exact same drip I wore when I was inducted!" I say don't mess with success. (So yes, Grandpa Elmer's suit continues to get good use.)
How blessed we are with these boys of ours! Congrats to BOTH of them!

No comments: