Sunday, December 18, 2016

Church Christmas Program

We had our Nativity Program at church today, and once again, the children did a wonderful job of telling the story of our Savior's birth!  This year, Oliver was excited to play the part of Joseph, made even more special because Brynn was Mary!  The Angel Gabriel (Tyler) announced to the young couple the amazing news that they would parent God's only Son!
Then Tyler and Oliver sang "O Holy Night" as a duet -- Here's a portion of their performance.
I just love that my kids are always willing to sing at church. Violet, we decided, definitely deserves a solo for next year's program.  O Holy Night was supposed to be a duet, but Violet took it upon herself to stand and join in their song.  It was really adorable.  She was sweet as an angel, so her costume really fit.
All of the kids had their turn playing the bells and chimes, including our angel.  Thankfully, her favorite friend Kate was there to assist.
Calvin's class played a couple of songs on the chimes and sounded just beautiful.
Speaking of Calvin, you'll notice he wasn't wearing a costume this year because, as a 5th grader, he officially graduated to the Narrator role.  This was his final year in the children's Christmas program 
:(
The littlest Dwyer made the most adorable sheep you've ever seen.  Notice her behind the shepherds with the other sheep in this picture as the angels announce the birth of the Newborn King/
This sheep can really belt out "Glo-o-o-o-o-o-ria, in Excelsis Deo!"
And the preschoolers were simply adorable as they rang "Joy to the World" on their bells.
And I can't miss pictures of my big 3rd grader playing his bell piece.  This group of kiddos are extra special to me because this is my Sunday School class.  I've taught this same group for 3 years, and I love every one of them!
One of my kids' favorite things about church is having their cousins there, and I agree that it's pretty special.  Here are a few sweet pictures of some sweet cousins.
And a final picture where you can almost hear the kids singing "Go Tell it on the Mountain."
I can't believe we've made it to the final Sunday of Advent!  Only one more week until Christmas!

No comments: