On Christmas morning we left Aunt Karla's B&B early enough to get back to our church in Lawrence for Christmas Day services. I love how pretty our church is during Christmas time.
After church, we came home and watched The Nativity Story movie. If you've never seen it, I'd definitely recommend it! Watching it on Christmas Day really kept the focus where it should be, on the Christ child.
Our big party for the day was at Grandma Jo and Grandpa Denny's. Walking through the door, we were greeted by ALL of our stockings -- that's quite a collection!
Before the kids got too crazy, we took the traditional Christmas pictures. First Grandma and Grandpa with the grandkids. Violet is really into giving the "rocker" look for pictures these days. I prefer to believe she's just saying "I love you" in sign language.
Next up, each family gets their turn in front of the tree.
Then Grandma passed out all of those stuffed stockings to some eager little hands.
Once the stockings were all opened, Grandma Shirley and Violet watch as the rest of us play a game Grandma Jo had planned.
In this game, we passed around a present wrapped with LOTS of tape and attempted to unwrap it with oven mitts on our hands. The person who finally got to the inside won the gift. This was so much harder than you'd think!
We chowed down on some of Grandma's delicious soups, and then the time came to tear into all of those beautifully-wrapped gifts under the tree!
Here are a sampling of my kiddo's favorites! (I missed getting a picture of Oliver with his new Rip Stik!)
And here are Grandma and Grandpa with a few of their favorites, too!
Everyone checking out their new gifts! Oliver and Ross and trying out their fitness trackers from Grandma Jo. In fact, lots of us (including me!) got new fitness trackers at this Christmas.
The kids toasted to a GREAT Christmas!
I believe I've been given the best Christmas gift EVER in these wonderful people I get to call FAMILY!

No comments:
Post a Comment