When it came time for choosing a birthday theme this year, Evelyn decided on Minnie Mouse. And as these things go, Violet didn't argue. Both girls were pretty adorable in their Minnie Mouse shirts that Grandma Cheryl got them!
Another fabulous Grandma Cheryl cake!
We started out with a birthday dinner for the family. I realized that Evelyn is definitely a "traditions" girl when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner. She quickly responded, "meatballs, ham, macaroni & cheese, cole slaw." Add in some green beans and rolls, and this is almost exactly what we've served the past couple of years. So we went ahead and kept with tradition. I think everyone was okay with the menu selections, especially Violet, who didn't even want to look up for my picture.
After dinner, the kids played for awhile, and then the girls begged to open their gifts. Violet opened her gift from Uncle John first: a Garmin Vivofit Jr with a Minnie Mouse theme!
She was yelling, "I LOVE IT!" and then ran directly to Uncle John to give him a big hug.
Evelyn got the Disney Princess version of the Vivofit Jr, and while she may not have been as animated as her big sis, she was equally excited to get it. She also got a new personalized cup from Aunt Joy and doll from Aunt Sara.
Violet's favorite gift of all was probably the box of little Pringles cans from Aunt Joy. She literally jumped up and down (probably crushing most of the chips) screaming, "I LOVE IT!" She loved EVERYTHING at this party, but the Pringles were still probably her favorite.
She also got new cups and a cool new Monkey that laughs, burps, kisses, and sleeps. And it's called "Hugs" -- what could be more appropriate for our almost-9-year-old who hugs every single person she encounters??
After the gifts were unwrapped, some of the kids took off for the girls' room where they unlocked the new LOL doll Evie got from Kyla. Apparently it was a "rare" gold doll!
The boys played some golf outside, while Violet just enjoyed the beautiful day.
We announced, "CAKE" and the kids all came running back inside.
Singing "Happy Birthday" to these two gorgeous girls.
I love that they get to share their birthday each year -- blow out those candles, girlies!
We were kind of a small cousin crew this time, as Sydney had to be back at college and Dana's kids were in a soccer tournament in Hutchinson. We sure missed them!
Grandma let the birthday girls pick their favorite piece of cake. . .
. . . while Uncle John got their fancy new watches all set up. He also got Brynn and Kyla Vivofit watches for their birthdays, so ALL of his nieces (except Syd, I guess) are sporting their Garmin watches!
Happy birthday to my beautiful daughters! I'm the luckiest mom ever because they are MINE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment