I was so thankful we were able to meet up with my cousin Sheri and her sweet boys at the Cider Hill apple orchard this weekend. Now that our almost-birthday twins are in kindergarten all day, every day, it's a little more difficult to find time to hang out :(
Before they arrived, my girl spent some time decorating "kindness rocks" to hide. She sure loves painting!
And it was a super-hot day, so we got a cider slush to cool off a bit.
Once Sheri and her boys got there, we hopped on the wagon to head out to the orchard. Evelyn LOVED being a helper with precious little Harry.And his ornery big brother was cracking me up with the apples he picked. Have you ever seen a cuter little apple?
Not so sure these boys should be trusted with the apple picker tool!
Could he be any cuter?
We got a couple of sunny pics of our birthday kiddos as we walked around the orchard.
Off to fill our bags!
I think we got ourselves a peck of apples!
We rode the wagon back and ALL got cider slushes. They were good, and only $1, so why not have another?!?
Then our almost-6 year-olds had fun on the swings and watching the ducks.
Hugs all around when it was time to go!
And a FULL afternoon had my girl asleep in the car within minutes on our drive home.
I'm still in a bit of denial that Evelyn and KJ will be 6 this week. I still see them like this:
Here's a picture collage I made for their first birthdays; such sweet friends they are!
And here are pics through the last few years. . .
And our big kindergartners, almost 6 years old!
I'm so thankful we were able to get together to celebrate these special kiddos! There's something pretty special about sharing your birthday with your cousin!
No comments:
Post a Comment