While I was on my JM&MB Day, Russ took the girls on his Daddy and Girls Day. He humored me by not only taking pictures of everything they did, but also agreeing to blog it! How'd I get so lucky getting this man for my husband?? Here's Russ:
I had two goals for our trip to Ottawa (well, besides not getting involved in the crossfire of a bad meth deal). 1.) Do whatever Evie asked, and 2.) Keep Violet from raging. We were successful on both accounts as the day started with ice cream from the new Casey's in Wellsville.
Next up I was informed that, "Mom said it was okay if we bought crafts at Wal-Mart." Well, if Mom says its okay, then Dad will just buy whatever Evie tells him to buy, apparently.
Twenty-five dollars later we had necklace beads, string, some really cheap little plastic figurines, and paint. She loved it all and I was thrilled to spend a couple of hours making whatever she wanted when we got home.
She also loved hanging out at her old stomping grounds, Forest Park. She'd been there several times watching her brothers play flag football. The playground is the best.
Violet loved it as well. She played on the swings and went down the slide all by herself.
I'm not sure who whittled this log, but Evie got a kick out of it, and it makes for a great backdrop.
Up next was the Old Depot Museum. If you're looking for good, clean, legal family entertainment in north Ottawa, this is one of the few options. Lots of history and even a fully-functioning train set. The girls loved it.
But not as much as the crayons. Evie did a wonderful job and we hung her picture right by an old train picture.
We certainly give the Old Depot Museum two thumbs up.
As the morning wore on, Evie demanded pizza. I suggested Pizza Village or the Casey's at Co-op since we were already downtown. No dice. It had to be Pizza Hut and, thus, we headed back south. While it will never be the same as it was at 15th and Main, we still had a great meal and a great time. Thanks to the gal who only charged me for one buffet. Her exact quote was, "I'm sure those girls didn't eat that much." I hope she doesn't get fired when her boss checks the Violet-depleted pasta inventory.
I had a wonderful time with my girls and am thankful for every second with both of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment