Friday, August 5, 2016

Sweet 16!

Between getting home from our Wisconsin vacation and leaving for our Ozarks lake vacation, we had one very important event to attend to: celebrating the Sweet 16th anniversary of our wedding day!  Grandma Jo agreed to keep the crazy kids so we could have a relaxing dinner, just the two of us.  Before we left, though, we had to get the traditional cheesy 'green dress picture.'  I love it that Russ and I pull these clothes out of our closet once a year and it always makes us think of our honeymoon from 16 years ago.  I can't believe this dress has fit me through 4 pregnancies (even all the way up to 35 weeks with Evie!), and is still quasi-fashionable.  Click here to see my post from a couple years ago that shows the picture from 2000-2013.
 We've also unintentionally started a smaller tradition of eating Thai food for our anniversary dinner.  We love Thai!  And we thoroughly enjoyed stuffing our bellies WAY too full of yummy curry and Pad Thai. (Another benefit of the green dress is that it is obviously very forgiving!) 
As we were driving home, the car's thermometer read 104 degrees, which certainly took us back to our wedding day.  It was such a hot day, but memorable for many better reasons than just the weather.  I'm so thankful for August 5, 2000, and the promises we made that day.  I'm thankful that God has been with us every step of the way in our marriage and has blessed us in countless ways. Happy Sweet 16th anniversary, honey!  I love you so much!!

No comments: