Monday, August 29, 2016

August Birthday Beauties!

This weekend we got to celebrate some beautiful ladies in the family as they added another candle to the cake.  First we got together at Grandma Jo and Grandpa Denny's on Saturday evening to spend some some time together as a family and celebrate Aunt Dana.  The men enjoyed some time outside seeing who was the best target in hitting the can.  I think the Dwyer boys had a couple of good shots before they were done.
 Then we enjoyed a yummy turkey feast with dressing and potatoes and all the makings of Thanksgiving!
Evie and Grayson played and had so much fun all evening long.  These two really love each other.
The big boys went back outside after dinner, climbing trees and getting plenty dirty.
Violet didn't leave Grandma Shirley's side; Grandma was a good sport about her Violet shadow.
 Sydney had just brought home the first volleyball tournament championship of the season and was at a team dinner, but Joy and Jackson represented with their Lady Eagles volleyball shirts.
 And there's the birthday girl!  I had to reach down low to make this K-State cake for her, but I think it turned out pretty cute.  And Russell also celebrated his birthday just a few days before our dinner, so I let him have a small part of the cake as well :)
It rained briefly and gave us this beautiful rainbow!  Wow, sometimes God really outdoes himself!!
We went from the party Saturday evening so another party Sunday afternoon.  This one was for the youngest Deterding girls, Brynn and Kyla!  Yesterday was Brynn's actual birthday; I can't believe she is already 8!  And how about this peanut, Miss Kyla Kay, who will be 5 on Wednesday?!?  I love these girls so much.
 Both Brynn and Kyla are totally into Shopkins, so they had an All-Things-Shopkins birthday party.  Grandma Cheryl even managed to make a Shopkins cake AND cupcakes with tattoos!
 These girls cleaned up in the present department -- toys and clothes and shoes and beauty supplies -- they are all set!
 Then it was time for cake and homemade ice cream!  Despite what this picture looks like, Brynn really WAS happy!
 Make a wish, beautiful birthday girls!
 Once we've celebrated Brynn and Kyla's birthdays, I know we are under a month until we'll be celebrating the birthday girls in our house once again!  I just love that we are able to get together as a family on these special occasions -- family really is what makes these special days extra special!!

1 comment:

Heather Smith said...

I just love how beautiful the farm is...and with the rainbow it was extra pretty!