Last evening was one of my favorite Wellsville events, the annual Car Show!
One of the reasons I enjoy this event so much is because this is when we meet up with our friends who host "Noah & Friends Lemonade Stand and Bake Sale" in honor of Violet's friend, Zoe. We don't get to see the Kavans as often as I'd like, and this is always a great time to catch up.
The Bake Sale is always set up conveniently in front of Russ' office, and is very popular with all of the visitors to the car show. My kids definitely enjoyed lots of the yummy baked goods.
Violet was so happy to see Zoe! These girls have known each other almost since birth and it's so wonderful to see them growing up together.
Zoe's big brother Noah, and his friends!
While Russ and I and the girls strolled around, checking out cars and visiting with friends, we let the boys run around with their buddies. I think this is my favorite part about living in a small town. I feel completely comfortable letting them take off with their friends without having to know exactly where they are every second. There are plenty of eyes around, keeping an eye on them even when I'm not. It turned out that they found their way to the park and were playing football and basketball for awhile.
They worked up an appetite and got some yummy kettle corn -- as well as hot dogs, walking tacos, and ALL of those baked goods at the bake sale. . .
. . . and sno cones! The boys were so excited that Sno Shack in the Back re-opened for this one event! These kids definitely enjoyed themselves at the car show!
We adults had a great time as well. There was a really good turn out; seemingly the entire town was on the bricks!
See the helicopter flying overhead? More to come on this. . .
It was another AWESOME Car Show and Bake Sale -- I just love our little town so much!!


No comments:
Post a Comment