Thursday, August 8, 2013

13 Wonderful Years!

On August 5, 2000, I received the best gift ever when Russ said "I do" and agreed to put up with me forever and for always!  This week, we celebrated 13 wonderful years.  It's been a few years since I posted all of our "green dress anniversary pictures", so here you go beginning with the shot from our honeymoon in 2000 with our heads cut off. . .
And there you have it, 14 years of the green anniversary picture. Isn't it amazing how very little my husband changes through the years??  I think he was excited to lift ~30 pounds less than last year.  After just having returned from all those vacations, we had a pretty low-key anniversary celebration.  Grandma Jo graciously agreed to keep the kids while we enjoyed this delicious Thai dinner.
And we have just booked a vacation in October without the kids.  To Mexico.  By ourselves.  For the first time since having kids.  It will be difficult to leave them behind, but I am very excited about having some time with just Russ.  He's the best husband I could have ever asked for, and I'm so thankful that I get to share my life with him!

No comments: