Saturday, October 24, 2020

Girls & Grandparents

 My girls are so lucky to have grandparents who are involved in their every day lives, and not just special occasions or holidays.  Although with their grandparents, every day activities become special occasions!  For example, last week Violet decided she wanted to ride in the combine with Grandpa Denny during harvest.  With Violet's impulsive nature, this could be rather risky.  But Grandpa was up to the challenge.  Look closely and you'll see our girl waving from the cab of the Gleaner.

I know Violet LOVED getting to ride in the combine and "help" Grandpa with the fall harvest!

Also last week, as Evelyn and I were reading in our "Little Town on the Prairie" book, Laura had begun working for a seamstress in town sewing shirts for the bachelors.  As Evie began asking me questions about sewing machines, I was a little embarrassed at how very little she knew.  I don't personally sew, but I just assumed she knew something about sewing machines for some reason. Well I shared my embarrassment with Grandma Cheryl, and she came to the rescue!
Evelyn was very proud of her finished pillows!  What a gift that my kids have TWO grandmas who can sew!

No comments: