Friday, October 9, 2020

Apple Season

With all of the things that have been shut down due to Covid, I'm thankful that our favorite apple orchard, Pome on the Range, isn't one of them!  We visited last weekend and had a great time picking a couple pecks of apples to bring home.

Because we were there later, they had pumpkins for sale and their pumpkin patch was open.
But we knew we'd go to our pumpkin patch later, so we stuck to apple pickin'.
We picked plenty of Jonathons, golden delicious, and ultra reds (a variety I'd never heard of, but very tasty!)
Look at those beautiful apples!
Before we headed back to pay, I (somewhat unsuccessfully) attempted one of my traditional apple orchard pictures. So here's this year, compared to some much sweeter shots from year's gone by. . .
No matter the age, my kids are pretty darn sweet. And I love that they humor me by continuing to let me take these traditional, cheesy poses! Daddy paid for the apples and got some refreshing cider slushes for us to enjoy on a beautiful fall day.
I'm so thankful for fall traditions like visiting Pome on the Range.  Now, let's get cooking with all these apples!

No comments: