Saturday, October 3, 2020

Sweet Freedom!

 Calvin had his much-anticipated appointment with his sports medicine physician this week.  He's had appointments every 2 weeks since he broke his foot in July, so the appointment itself wasn't the reason for excitement, it was the hopeful OUTCOME of the appointment.  Two weeks ago, he was told he could take the boot off and begin walking/jogging on flat surfaces, but this was the day he was praying for full release.  Here's my boy heading into the beautiful new LMH West campus.  This place really is incredible; too bad I never get to work here! 

We checked out the awesome rooftop terrace on the top floor.  The views from up here were really nice!
Aaaand, without further ado, my boy got his walking papers!  Dr. Salazar gave him a full release for unrestricted activity.  Trust me, he's excited behind that mask.
Calvin has handled this injury really well; I'm so proud of his good attitude.  And now he's released to play football with virtually no chance of getting enough practices in to actually play in a game this season.  But again, he's taking it in stride.  These disappointments can always teach us something and build character.  While I wouldn't have chosen for him to break his foot, I know God uses every season in life to refine us, especially those that involve suffering.  And so I'm thankful for this time for Calvin.  And now I'll pray that he stays healthy and can play basketball in a couple months! (And that basketball actually happens. . .)

No comments: