Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today I wish a Happy Birthday to the best husband and daddy any family could ever ask for!  The kids picked out birthday gifts and even wrapped them all by themselves!  We had spent the morning baking his cake and wrapping the presents, and Oliver couldn't contain his excitement when Russ walked in the door from work. . . His present ended up right IN the cake!  Which, of course, he thought was hilarious.
 While I performed a little cake surgery, the kids started passing out their gifts.
 They picked out some tennis balls from Violet, a football from Oliver. . .
 . . . and a basketball from Calvin.  Calvin really thought Daddy needed his OWN ball when they play.
 We sang a little "Happy Birthday" and the man of the hour blew out his candles. (We used candles to 'draw' the number 3, and used Oliver's #4 candle from his birthday to build '34' -- we improvise.)

I turned my back for one second and Violet had grabbed a fistful of cake.  She sure loves birthdays!
We love you, Daddy!!

No comments: