Saturday, August 28, 2010

Six Figures

Just after Christmas in 2004, Russ & I decided that it was time we got a bigger vehicle. I had been driving my 2-door Grand Prix since we got married, and we knew this would not be a great family car. I was so excited when we bought our brand new GMC Envoy. I had never driven a NEW car before, and it was so luxurious!

(Note: this picture was NOT taken when the car was brand new, but rather in the present day in all of its dusty glory.)

Well, that "new" car just hit a milestone -- it turned over 100,000 miles!
We have made a lot of great memories in our Envoy. . . taken it to Colorado, Bull Shoals (14 times), Chicago, Lake of the Ozarks (6 times), St. Louis, Oklahoma City, and Wisconsin Dells. All three of our babies have come home from the hospital in the Envoy. . . and oh ya, it has made a couple of trips to Children's Mercy also. This car has gone from no carseats, to 1, then 2, 3, 4, and now 5 most of the time (my 3 + Ty & Brynn). It has truly been the ultimate family car. I still really like my car, and hope we can log another 100,000 or more!

No comments: