Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Croupy Day. . .or 2 or 3

It has been almost 2 months since her G-tube surgery, and Violet gets a little "home sick" from time to time, so she decided we needed a couple nights' stay at Children's Mercy. Wednesday night, we had a really rough night of wheezing and labored breathing. I called our doctor yesterday and he was out of the office, so I decided to take her to Urgent Care at Children's Mercy South. After sitting in urgent care for over 6 hours, she was diagnosed with croup and they decided she should be admitted for observation. She got a x-rays of her chest & neck, a dose of decadron, 2 racemic epi breathing treatments, and a shot of Rocephin for an ear infection they discovered (her first, amazingly). Unfortunately, she still had a rough night here last night, with her oxygen dropping into the low 50s at one point. I was SO glad to be here, and not at home when that happened! Because of that episode, we will be staying again tonight. I'm praying for a nice uneventful evening and hopefully we'll get to go home tomorrow.

After 2 days of almost no sleep, Violet is finally resting a little more comfortably today in her little baby-jail.

It was so funny last night when the room was completely dark and she discovered her glowing toe. . . (E.T. phone home)

In spite of the insane amount of effort it takes for her to breathe, she still manages to make my day with her precious little smile.
In less than 2 months, we'll be back for her palate-repair surgery. Hopefully that will be soon enough for Little Miss -- I'm really not sure what it is she sees in this place!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Look at her little grin in that last pic.....she is just as sweet as can be! Praying that she feels better and you all can go home soon.