Monday, October 20, 2025

Passing on the Eagle Tradition

At Friday night's football game, they had an emotional pre-game ceremony. I'm pretty sure the whole point of it was just to make every mother in attendance cry her eyes out. It was called "Passing on the Eagle Tradition" and all of the seniors lined up on one end of the field, while all of the kindergartners lined up on the other. Here's the class of 2026, walking out to meet. . .

. . . the class of 2038 at the 50-yard-line.  These sweet kiddos all had on matching shirts and weren't quite as orderly as their senior counterparts.

All the while, there was a very sappy speech about how quickly these school years go by and all of the wonderful traditions we have here at Wellsville schools.  Oh, and did I mention they had "You're gonna miss this" playing in the background the whole time?? Like I said, the whole thing was pretty cruel to us mommas.

The seniors had a gift for each kindergartner.  It was adorable watching them interact with our youngest Wellsville students.



It was cool to see the seniors in their uniforms for football, cheer, dance, and band, and others wearing their Senior class shirts.  They had a great turnout to pass on the tradition.  It was an emotional night which succeeded in making this momma cry.  It really is crazy how quickly the past 12 years have gone. I'm so thankful for our school and the strong tradition we have, and I love that Oliver and his classmates could "pass it on" in this ceremony.

No comments: