Monday, August 9, 2021

Summer Sunday School: the Bee-Attitudes

Yesterday concluded our Summer Sunday School series on the "Bee-Attitudes", where we learned that God's blessings are found when we put others' needs before our own (no "me-attitudes"!).  We focused on one beatitude each week and I love how the kids really took to heart the words of Jesus in his Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5:1-12.  These blessings can be challenging to understand even as adults, but I think the kids got the big picture.  Knowing Jesus is our greatest blessing of all!

The kids added to an accordion craft each week until all of the beatitudes had been added:

Our big bee hive served as a great visual throughout the summer as we added the blessing each week.  [And as a side note, our church secretary took a picture of this to put in our newsletter, and sent me an email, saying she got quite the chuckle when she read the title closely: "The Bee-Attidudes."  I hadn't even noticed that I'd spelled it incorrectly!  We decided the Dudes of the Bee sounded like a cool rock band :) ]

Slowly, but surely, church is beginning to feel a little more normal.  I'm so thankful we were able to have Summer Sunday School, and now we just pray for our new pastor to come soon!

No comments: