Last weekend was the 14th annual Breast Cancer Walk sponsored by the high school STUCO members. Our family has participated in this walk nearly every year since its inception, and it's a Sunday afternoon we always look forward to. Before we got started, the high schoolers announced how much money has been raised for the Franklin County Cancer Foundation over the years and thanked us for coming out.
Evie had a couple of friends with her and they actually ran most of the 5K!
I love being able to do this walk with Joy every year.
And doing this walk with my dear friend Ardyth was extra special this year. Ardyth is still in the midst of treatments for breast cancer that was diagnosed last fall. She is an amazing woman with a rock-solid faith in Jesus and I've loved seeing her light shine throughout this journey! Violet LOVES her Ardyth and it was a small miracle that Violet actually completed the walk (almost, we just took a tiny shortcut) because she was holding Ardyth's hand the whole time.
My family (minus Russ who was attending a church meeting) got refreshments with the rest of the walkers when we were done.
If you've followed this blog for any amount of time, you know I love traditions. I love that we've been participating in this walk for all these years. I love that this crazy 3-year old boy with the silly sideways hat. . .
. . . is now one of the high school STUCO members who organized this event! Calvin (in the upper left corner) and the rest of the students did a great job, and I'm thankful to see our community come together each year to support this cause!








No comments:
Post a Comment