Last weekend I was excited to go to a Ladies Night event at my sweet friend Ardyth's church. It was a wonderful night of worship and fellowship with Ardyth and Alicia.
Ardyth was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and has begun treatments. She shared that as her hair has started falling out, her oldest daughter, Peyton, mentioned that she wanted to shave her head to match her momma. Of course, Ardyth didn't really want her 10 year old to shave her head. As we were talking, I remembered back to when my dear friend Candi was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and we all put purple in our hair to show our support. I asked Ardyth if she would be okay with adding pink to her girls' hair, and this was something she could get on board with! So on Saturday, we had a "mommy and me" day at the salon and had a wonderful time! Look at all of these sweet girls ready to have their hair pink-ed up!
Violet wasn't sure what to think at first, but Evie was excited.
I got mine done too, of course!
Now to have some fun while we wait for that pink to settle. . .
Thankfully it was a beautiful day and the salon is right next to Daddy's office. We set up some snacks and drinks in the office and had a picnic outside while we waited.
Then it was time to start washing out! Alicia and Ardyth are SO good with Violet. I don't know that she would have been able to do it without their help.
We had such a fun day, and our hair looks awesome!
I thank God for these ladies, their girls, and our friendship. They are such blessings in our lives. Please be in prayer for Ardyth with me. She is one of the sweetest, most positive ladies I know, and her faith is rock-solid. But that doesn't mean the journey will be easy. It is such a gift to have friends like these to journey through the good times AND the bad times with!














No comments:
Post a Comment