With Valentine's Day approaching, the kids and I all got to work getting the necessary preparations done. This is the first year one of my kids has been asked to make a home-made Valentine box. (Ya, I'm not sure how Calvin made it all the way through elementary school without ever having to do this!) I knew Violet would request a Nemo box, so we went to work on an empty oatmeal container. I think it turned out pretty cute! And Violet loved it, too, so I'd call it a success.
She wanted Nemo Valentines to pass out as well, As we usually do, we looked online to find some cute ideas for homemade cards, but as it turned out, the ones at the store were the cutest ones! So she just signed her name, added some goldfish crackers, and called it good.
Even though she doesn't go to school yet, Evelyn wasn't to be left out of the festivities. She chose her Valentines (Frozen, of course) and went to work cutting out the tattoos and signing her name to each card.
And after seeing Violet's cute box, she NEEDED one as well. She found a picture of the one she wanted and it turned out pretty darn cute also! I love how it matches her shirt.
Oliver stuck with basketball Valentines this year and added a Reese's to each.
And Calvin? He informed me that he was too old for Valentines this year :( We still made something for his fantastic teacher, though. And he picked out what he wanted to give her, so I guess that counts for something.
Violet has plenty of teachers to love on Valentine's Day. We did the "Bee" theme on a few and the toenail theme for others. Oliver's teacher also got the polish and fuzzy socks.
I think the Dwyer kids are all ready for the big day!
No comments:
Post a Comment