When Oliver was born with his heart defect, it was such a whirlwind of information from the doctors that my mom suggested I start a CarePage to keep everyone updated on his condition. This helped immensely so that I didn't have to repeat the same information over and over again. Now it's nice being able to look back at my journaling to remember everything that happened, because there is no way I would remember otherwise! Well, when our miracle baby made it home from the hospital after his heart surgery, one of my friends encouraged me to start a blog to continue to document Oliver's journey, as well as that of Calvin and the rest of the family. I'm so glad she did. My first blog posting was in March of 2008, and today this posting marks #1000 on my blog! I print out my "Family Year Book" (blog book) each year and the kids just love looking through all of their pictures. I love remembering all of the milestones, celebrations, and just everyday life that is included. Sometimes the blog can be rather time-consuming, but it is so worth it having my children's lives documented for when they get older (and when I get older, of course). Really my only regret concerning my blog is that I started it about 2 years late and missed out on Calvin's baby years. Oh well, better late than never, right??
My blog books from the past 5 years as well as a Just Me & My Boys blog book (the first 3 years fit into one volume; the last 2 required 2 volumes):
I could barely get a picture taken before Evelyn came around to start looking. I told you the kids love these books! And the best part is that if one gets ruined, I can just print another one. They aren't cheap, but they ARE replaceable, which is awesome. If I had spent a thousand hours scrapbooking, I don't think I'd let the kids come within 10 feet of one of the books. . .
To anyone who might be reading this, thank you for following along with our family! It's been fun sharing, and there will be much more to share as the years pass, I'm sure. I can't wait to see what God has planned for the Dwyer Family in the next 1000 posts!
No comments:
Post a Comment