Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wishful Thinking

This winter has been rather atypical for Kansas weather.  Although we spent the better half of January in the hospital, I hear it was beautiful!  There have certainly been several days nice enough to be outside playing without even a coat on.  And although I would be perfectly fine with fast-forwarding right on into spring, I don't think the kids would be so happy. . .

This weekend has brought some of the first actual cold -- I mean dipping into the single digits cold -- of the season.  And with it, talk begins anew of the fluffy white stuff.  When is it going to snow, mom?  I want to go sledding, mom!  I want to make a snowman, mom!  The last several years (in other words, as long as any of my kids could remember) we have had more snow than we knew what to do with, so this year has certainly been strange.  For the kids' sake, I would be okay with enough snow for a good snowman. . . and then it could melt the next day and bring on Spring!

Violet is ready when that day comes. . .

2 comments:

Twilson9608 said...

OMG! She is just too cute! I love the hat!

Mom, Dad and All Those Boys said...

What a beautiful little snow princess she is!