"He answered their prayers because they trusted in him." 1 Chronicles 5:20
Today is the day we've been eagerly awaiting! The day our Super-Vi Princess joined her loyal subjects at her castle called HOME. Yesterday after we removed that patch and backed off on the other meds, I noticed Violet becoming more alert, little by little, throughout the day. Then overnight, she turned into the Manic-Vi we were missing on Monday. She spent the whole night yelling "Mom!" and trying to climb out of the bed! Then this morning, when Russ got to our room, she immediately smiled at him and I knew things were going to be all right. On morning rounds, they really had no reason to continue holding us captive keeping Violet hospitalized. I told them I could handle the rest of her "detox" at home and they wrote the discharge orders -- Hallelujah!!
We got Violet all dolled up in her princess dress that Grandma Cheryl brought and her Super-Vi cape that Chris made.
She's still very unsteady on her feet, but WOW! what an improvement since yesterday when she could barely hold her head up!
I will now use my magic wand to GO HOME!
Perhaps even fly home??
We made the rounds to see all of Violet's biggest fans in the PICU, including my dear friend and pharmacist-extraordinaire Angel. Although it wasn't the "run through the PICU with the cape flowing behind her" as I had envisioned, it was still a success and everyone was so excited to see how great she looked.
Without a doubt, the two people MOST excited to see how great she is doing are these two:
After such a rough couple of weeks, I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is to see that beautiful smile again. There were a few times when we weren't sure we would ever have our Violet back the way we knew her before the surgery. I am SO thankful for my baby girl.
We made it home and all of Violet's family came to greet her for her homecoming! As promised, Grandma Jo came bearing gifts, little chocolate candy-covered gifts, Violet's favorites.
Aunt Joy & Sydney really had her going on her favorite little pink piano. Doesn't that smile melt your heart?
This whole experience the past 16 days has really been incredible. Obviously not an experience I would have sought out for my daughter or my family, but incredible nonetheless. Hearing from people all over the world, some complete strangers, letting me know they were praying for our precious Violet, is something I'll never forget. All of your love and support is truly humbling and I'll forever be grateful. I thank God for each and every one of you who prayed for our family. Thank you God for restoring my baby girl to health and bringing my family together again! I am SO looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight; heck, I'm looking forward to sleeping, period!
And because I know Violet has the best prayer warriors in the world, she would like to ask you to add her handsome little roomie and fellow heart-buddy to your prayers please. Meet Mr. Brycen:
Brycen was born on December 20. His family is still waiting to open the gifts that remain under their Christmas tree because they haven't been home yet to celebrate. Brycen has had not one, but two open-heart surgeries in his 6 weeks of life. His family would desperately like to have their baby boy home. Today's celebration for Violet was bitter-sweet because she was leaving Brycen there in room 24, and he REALLY wants to be reunited with his big sister and have his family together as well. Please pray that Brycen will wake up enough to start eating well; please pray that his lungs stay healthy enough for him to get off of oxygen; please pray for his mommy and daddy as they have been living this nightmare for going-on 2 months. We know God has a plan for little Brycen -- Let's pray him home just like we did Violet!!
10 comments:
Hooray! Welcome home!
I looked for those ruby red slippers but didn't see them. "There's NO place like Home" Violet. You made it! Let mommy have a good night's sleep, you sweet thing!
I am so happy to read that Violet is finally home with her family where she belongs. God truly does answer prayer, and it doesn't matter to Him whether there are oceans between us, He still listens and answers. There will be petitions going up for little Brycen from down here in Australia, just as there were petitions for precious Violet. May God continue to bless your family as Violet continues to "detox" from her meds.
Yeah!!! So happy for you! Welcome home!
I'm thanking God little Violet was able to finally come home. Adding Brycen to our prayer list. I can't imagine what your two families have gone through. Thank you for sharing the goo, the bad, and the scary. We face heart surgery for our little one in June. Have fun with your girl.
Yippee! So happy to hear you're all home, so extra happy to see that precious smile on Vi's face. God is good!
Praising the Lord with you for this great news! So thankful she is home. Praying for her roomie to be home with his family soon.
So happy for sweet Violet and her whole family. There is "no place like home".
Continued prayers for all of you and Violet's little buddy. Hopefully, he will be home soon.
SO happy to read this this morning!!! Welcome home!! Brycen will be in our prayers that he gets to go home soon as well!
So wonderful that she is home, and I love her cape! I am now on to pray for her roomie!
Post a Comment