Santa knows that we are gone on Christmas morning, so he is kind enough to delay his visit to our house until the 26th. When I got up for a drink in the night, I saw that he had indeed been here!

I slept lightly because I wanted to make sure and see the boys' expressions when they saw their gifts from Santa. I heard Calvin's little feet
running to the living room the second he woke up; he didn't forget Santa was coming! So I had to be quick, too! Here they are checking out all of their loot.

Calvin loved his Plasma car (don't you love his 'bed head'?).

And Oliver thought his Toy Story chair was pretty cool, too. (Doesn't his smile just make you melt?)

Santa didn't forget about Violet. . .She got some headbands, some handbells (for the boys to play for her until she is big enough), and a new Haberman bottle. Unfortunately, she slept through the festivities so the boys opened her gifts for her.
We had such a great Christmas this year. We love spending time with all of our family and seeing the joy and excitement on our boys' faces. As Russ said, the best part about this Christmas is our baby girl. . . Last Christmas, we didn't even know there would BE a Violet this Christmas, and then after all of her hospital time and surgeries, I often wondered if we would be celebrating Christmas at home or at Children's Mercy. We are just so thankful for our children; they are each little miracles in their own way.



This Christmas, we are especially thankful for our Violet -- What a wonderful gift she is!!
No comments:
Post a Comment