We had a Superbowl Party at our house last night and had a fun time with friends and family. There was WAY too much food there, and my self-control was in another time zone, I think. I woke up this morning feeling about 10 pounds heavier than yesterday morning. . . Russ and I always break out our football jerseys for the occasion: he wears his Warren Moon jersey from the mid-nineties and I wear his high school jersey (also, coincidentally, from the mid-nineties). We found a KU football jersey for Calvin to wear this year, a little big, but I thought he looked adorable in it. (Oliver was odd-man out, although his sweatshirt did have a football on it, at least.)

Joy joined in the spirit this year and dug out one of Scott's old high school jerseys. Russ' jersey was in a lot better shape than Scott's; I'm not sure if that is supposed to tell us something about how they played or not.

Did I say she dug out ONE of Scott's old jerseys? Let me correct myself, she dug out TWO! Sydney, also, got to get in the spirit.

Calvin & Jackson both in their blue jerseys.

Let the food begin!

And the drinks! Calvin was so excited to drink pop! We always tell him he can only have pop when there are parties, so he LOVES parties.

Then it was time to get on the 3-D glasses for the fabulous commercial at the end of the first half :)

All the kids are getting ready, although Brynn & Oliver don't really understand what's so cool about these paper glasses that keep falling off.

The things we'll do to be entertained. . .

I think the kids had as much fun as the adults shooting baskets and playing games while we watched "the game."

Although the ending of the game wasn't what I was hoping for, it was certainly exciting and a great excuse to get together!
No comments:
Post a Comment