Wednesday, March 26, 2025

Oliver's Junior Basketball Season

Oliver finished up his junior basketball season and had a great one! I'm in denial that I only have one more year of watching a son play for the Eagles.  Here's Oliver to give you a re-cap. . .

 This year's basketball season was really fun. I got to start and play most of the JV games, which is always a good time, and I got to sit on the bench in the varsity.


The first game we played was at Heritage, which was a tough test. It was also the only game I actually got to play in the Varsity for a little bit. It was pretty fun.





I shot a lot of threes during the games, which is really fun.


This one was at the end of the varsity game, and we were 3 threes from the single game record. I couldn't quite get the job done.

We are always taught to push the ball up the floor quickly, so I tried to look up the court and get some fastbreak points whenever I could.



Driving to the basket is probably my favorite thing to do. I had a few good moves this season.




I kind of look like the Jordan logo here.


Whenever you get a little guy on you, you have to get the post bag working. As Kyle would say, "Mouse in the House!"
This was the game Kyle was at. He liked my Mouse in the House work.

Shooting free throws is my best attribute.

I'm not great at defense, but I think I am getting better.


One of my best rebounds on the year.

It was cool that Grandma Shirley got to come watch Kohen and I play together.

I was on the Sub-State roster, although it didn't last for long. Not quite as fun of a sit-on-the-end-of-the-bench experience as Matt had last year.

I always have a good cheering section for all of my games.



The end-of-year basketball banquet is always interesting.
It was a great season and I am going to miss playing with these seniors. Next year should be alright for sure.

No comments: