Saturday, March 22, 2025

JM&ME on Spring Break!

Evelyn and I were looking for something fun to do on Spring Break. We found a nice hotel in Independence and decided to do a Just Me & My Evie day AND night!  (Ironically, we had most recently done a JM&ME Day in Independence when we visited the Truman Museum. Good thing there is plenty to do there!) We started out at the skating rink in Blue Springs.  It's kind of become tradition for us to go skating during Spring Break, so had to keep it going.  

This rink was awesome. Only $6 to get in and this included skates AND a free drink from the snack bar!
Instead of limbo, they did a game called "stretch" -- Evelyn made it through the first 3 rounds before getting out.
What a great afternoon skating with my girl! I really liked the beautiful mural on the outside of the rink as we were leaving.
We left the skating rink and headed to our hotel for the night to get checked in.  The Candlewood Suites was really nice with a full kitchen!
The Independence Mall was just a couple minutes away so Evie decided that should be next on our agenda. Check out the water bottle section at this Dick's! My girl was in heaven.
The mall had lots of good stores.  Of course we had to hit up the Bath & Body Works.
We also needed to get a couple of "essentials" at Walmart (snacks/drinks/etc).  Check out this awesome mural that welcomed us to their store!
Evelyn decided she wanted Italian for dinner and we found a Fazoli's.  It's been a long time since I've been to Fazoli's and I forgot how yummy their breadsticks are!  It was all really good and we brought a lot of leftovers back with us to the hotel.
Our evening at the hotel consisted of a lot of swimming and watching March Madness.  We had the entire pool area to ourselves and it was really nice.

What a relaxing evening!
Our hotel had other fun areas, like the game room and the outdoor patio.  It was definitely a place I could see us coming back to with more family.
For breakfast the next morning, we took the recommendation from the lady at the hotel front desk and headed over to the Corner Cafe.
This place really reminded me of the Carriage Crossing in Yoder (by Hutchinson).  It was a delicious home-cooked breakfast and we took a humongous cinnamon roll home with us as well.


I'm so glad Evie and I were able to have a little JM&ME Spring Break adventure -- I love her so much and I love spending time with her!

No comments: