Thursday, September 26, 2024

Joy's 50th Birthday Party!

 My beautiful sister turns 50 today! To celebrate her and this momentous occasion, we had a fun party on Saturday night at Milestone.

Before I get to the party itself, I had to dig up a couple of fun pictures of days gone by.  Joy and I had some pretty unique looks through the years!
I love this one with Grandpa Deterding -- and our mullets.
Ok, on to the actual party now. Syd did a great job with decorations; the place looked great!

She also gave a great toast to her sweet momma.

Then the fun really started with some karaoke.  Calvin sang "Picture" with Syd and "Chicken Fried" with Evie and Ty. I absolutely LOVED having my boy home for the weekend!
We had some dancing to go along with the great singing as well.  We were so proud of Violet for lasting almost the whole night (usually Milestone is too much for her).  She had lots of fun in spite of the "stomping" that she told us about over and over again.

Surprisingly, Syd got Grandpa Denny up with the mic for some "Ole Red." Not surprisingly, John had to get in on the karaoke action also with "All Star."  It was great having all of the family there!


So much fun with all of Joy's favorite people!

What a great night celebrating my sister and best friend!  God blessed me beyond measure when he gave me Joy for my big sister. I'm so thankful the memories we've made over our lifetime thus far, and can't wait for many, many more in the future.  Cheers to 50 years!  I love you, Joy!! 

No comments: