Sunday, September 15, 2024

Homecoming 2024

 Homecoming was early this year (actually the first home game!), and as always the kids all had a great time.  Although I didn't have a son in the court as I did last year, it still felt like I did -- I just love Matt, Jake and Kenyon!

The kids dressed up all week for Spirit Week and Violet's "Little White Lie" won the prize for the day! Everyone knows Violet hugs are magical, not terrible.
They were selling old jerseys at the game and we snagged a couple of #5 options from through the years.  Evelyn looked pretty stinking cute in the blue one.
My girl loves Friday Night Lights with her friends!  I love how the whole community comes out to support our boys.
This picture doesn't show it as well as I'd hoped, but there were SO many kids running around in old jerseys -- it was really cool!
As Stuco President last year, Calvin asked the administration if the Homecoming dance could be moved from Friday to Saturday night.  It's always been Friday night (since before I was in high school), but this has always been problematic because the kids involved in football/cheer/band/dance weren't able to get to the dance until 10:00 or later.  They agreed and this continued this year. I told Calvin that could be his Stuco legacy :)  As sad as it is that Calvin wasn't part of the festivities this year, it was exciting that we have a daughter in high school now! It's way more fun helping her get ready than the boys. So here are my high schoolers, ready for the dance!

Don't they make an adorable couple?  I found Violet's dress on Amazon and Grandma Jo was able to alter it a little to fit her just right.  Oliver borrowed a bow tie from Uncle Scottie and was all set.
As an added bonus, that aforementioned former Stuco President came home for the first time since move-in day (5 weeks, but who's counting?) -- it was SO wonderful having my whole family together under the same roof again, even if just for a night.
Oliver had to be at the school early to set up, so I didn't get any pics of him with his friends, but I got a few of Violet with hers.  She was loving this!
I even got a couple from the dance of Vi and friends Kaylee and Nora.  She had a great time!
What a great Homecoming week!

No comments: