Tuesday, February 27, 2024

The FINAL Dwyer Daddy-Daughter Date Night :(

Russ just attended his final Daddy-Daughter Date Night. I can't believe we'll never do this in our household again :(  But we made the most of this grand finale! Grandma Jo and Joy got Evelyn's afternoon started with lots and lots of curling. 


They did a great job with all of her hair!  Aunt Joy also painted her nails for the occasion, as she has nearly every year.
Just like last year, we watched a few Youtube videos and found one we liked. It turned out so pretty, I think! (When you have hair as awesome as Evie's, it makes all hairstyles look good!)
The boys (and I) were serving so had to get dressed up for the occasion as well.  It was almost a full-family-affair this year!  Violet hung out with Grandma Cheryl for the night.
And here are some shots of our beautiful girl and her handsome date.
We were able to re-use the navy and silver corsage from last year -- score!
A little lip gloss and we're ready to go!
Unlike some years, it was really nice weather for the DDDN this year.
The theme was "Winter Gala" and the high school FBLA kids did an awesome job with the decorations!
Look at all these gorgeous 5th grade girls at their last Daddy-Daughter Date Night!
And we were excited that Ava could come back from Emporia for the dance again!  These girls always have so much fun together.
We got a pic with the Jenkins/Dwyer crew -- what a good-looking bunch!
Evie was seated with her friend Brynlie at the table and they had fun waiting for dinner to be served.
They had plenty of fun things to do at their table and made up a few games with their door prizes as well.
It was a full house!
I helped keep the food tables full and my boys both served the pizza, breadsticks and salad.
After dinner, they served yummy homemade cookies/brownies with ice cream.  Then my boys went to work sweeping the dance floor.
My pictures from the dance itself were pretty terrible, but at one point there were four Dwyers all dancing together.  I just love these memories for my kids!
They always have the final dance to "You're Gonna Miss This," and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing as I watched Evie and Russ dance to this one.  Russ has attended Daddy-Daughter Date Night since 2016 with his girls and I know he's gonna miss it.  Why do they have to grow up on us?? I'm  thankful for this small-town tradition and all of the high-schoolers who work so hard to make it a reality.  What great memories my girls will have of DDDN in their elementary school years!!

No comments: