We just finished up one of our favorite weekends of the year: Wellsville Days!
Calvin was on the Jr. High football float for the parade so we dropped him off to get loaded up with the rest of the boys.
It was a bit rainy before the parade and this is how our tough guys deal with the rain.
Thankfully the rain let up when it was time for the parade. As usual, Violet loved the loud fire engines. . .
. . . but she loved the fact that Syd was back in town from college more than anything else!
There were several very creative Monopoly-themed floats rolling down the bricks.
Here come our boys!
After the parade, the skies opened up and it started pouring. It's crazy, but I had just told the kids that I can't EVER remember it raining on Wellsville Days. As we were standing under an awning, I talked with our Mayor, Bill Lytle, who has lived in Wellsville for 70+ years and he said HE couldn't ever remember it raining on Wellsville Days. And when we visited the nursing home a little later, one of the residents there said in her 90+ years, she said SHE couldn't ever remember it raining on Wellsville Days. I'd say we'd had a pretty good run and we were probably due.
Thankfully the rain didn't last all that long and the KidZone was back up and running for the majority of the day. I didn't hardly see the boys at all as they ran all over with their friends, but Evelyn enjoyed several of the inflatables and slides.
And they brought back the great petting zoo they had the past few years. Hello, Llamas.
The bigger rides this year included the swings and "Rock & Roll" -- Evelyn really was having fun, despite the bored look on her face.
The only "ride" we could get Violet to go on was the trackless train, and she took several trips. Mostly she was just happy to hang out with her favorite people, Ms. Ashley and Ms. Jenny.


At one point, Vi and I found ourselves in a bit of trouble!
What Wellsville Days would be complete without a giant blue raspberry snow cone??
As evening wore on, we all enjoyed the live music on the bricks. They had some great entertainment again this year with a country music singer and those fun dueling pianos. I finally found my boys!
Jackson and Pastor Dennis showed up with bags and bags of s'mores supplies! The kids feasted on all you can eat s'mores by the fire pit.
Evie and Violet found comfy places on Emily and Jeff's laps to listen to the music. We also did plenty of dancing before the night was over.
In spite of the rainy weather, we had another wonderful Wellsville Days! I just love this time of getting together with all of our community.d

No comments:
Post a Comment