Sunday, March 3, 2019

Thanks for the Memories, Jack!

Oh, how I've loved watching this kid play basketball through the years!  Jackson finished his high school basketball career this weekend, and I'm still in denial.  It all went way too fast!  Here is his poster from Senior Night last week. . .
 And here are my boys only dreaming of someday having the stats that their oldest boy cousin has -- check out his completely-full poster over their heads!
 One of the reasons I've loved watching Jack so much is his great attitude and sportsmanship on the court.  He is always encouraging his teammates and never complaining to the officials or coaches.
 Another reason I've loved watching him is that he gave 100% every play.  On offense and defense, Jackson was always getting after it!
 Jackson is naturally a guard, but at only 6'1", he was the tallest guy on his team, so he learned to play every position.  And he did a great job at every position.
 He was such a threat because he had solid post moves and could drive through anyone, but was also deadly from the 3-point line.  In the first round of sub-state, he hit 5 threes in the first half!
He was also a very dependable free-throw shooter.  It was great having Jackson on the line at the end of a game.
 Here are a few pics of his last game. Starting line-ups. . .
 Check out Calvin's excitement as Jack makes his way through the student section to his buddy, Gabe, at the end.
 Tip off. . .
 As always, Jackson created lots of plays throughout the game.
 This game didn't end the way we would've liked, but we couldn't be any prouder of Jack.
It has been a pure joy to watch Jack play the game he loves.  Violet's favorite thing to say these past couple of months is "Jackson's game?"  and then "Jackson's game to-morrow?" I'm so sad that I can't say Yes to either of these anymore :(
As much as my girls adore their Jackson, to my boys he is truly larger than life.  He has been such a wonderful role model for them in basketball and in life.  I couldn't ask for a better nephew for my sons to look up to.  But I have warned them that, when it comes to basketball, there's very little chance they will ever be as good as he is :)
We love you Jackson, and we have TRULY LOVED watching you play!!  Thanks for the memories!

No comments: