Friday, September 30, 2016

Lucky Number 7!

Today is the day!  My Violet Joy turns Lucky Number 7!!  She was excited to wear her new Elsa outfit Grandma Cheryl got her to school, and even more excited when Daddy, Evie, and I showed up with cupcakes for her class.  You should have heard her screaming and pumping her fists in the air -- there was no containing this birthday girl's happiness!
The excitement definitely rubbed off on Mrs. Van Horn, not quite on Daddy :)
Passing out -- and eating, of course -- her birthday cupcakes.  (I was a little nicer to the the teachers than I was at the library last week with Evelyn; no bright blue icing this time, just safe white with sprinkles.) 
After she finished her cupcake, we walked with her as she passed out the rest to all of her other favorite peeps around the school (other paras, special ed teacher, OT, Speech therapist etc.)  The whole building knew it was her special day (because she was sure to tell everyone).  This girl had a GREAT birthday at school!
Evelyn and I were waiting for the kids to get off the bus in the afternoon because we had more fun waiting.  Evie and Grandma Cheryl had picked up a couple of gifts, which Evie wrapped all by herself, and we made her a birthday brownie/chocolate chip cookie treat.  Singing Happy Birthday one more time to our favorite 7 year old and letting her open more fun presents!
What a blessing and a gift this girl is!  I can't wait to see what God has planned for her this year!!


No comments: