Typically this time of year, I would be posting about the wheat harvest, but wouldn't you know the wheat is all harvested and I didn't get out to see any of it?? But Grandpa Denny also had about 50 acres of oats this year, and I'd never really seen what mature oats look like when they are ready for harvest, so Russ took me out. It really is a pretty grain.
Thankfully, the men got the last of the oats harvested before our big rain this week.
And Grandpa never raises corn, but Uncle Ken does, and it's in the field right next to our house. The corn is SO TALL this year! The boys couldn't come close to touching the tops on the ground. . .
. . . so Calvin tried to put Oliver on his shoulders to touch the top. It was quite entertaining.
Thankfully no one was hurt, and they were still friends when Oliver hopped off.
No comments:
Post a Comment