With the kids out of school all week for Spring Break, we definitely had to find time for a Just Me & My Boys Day. This day took us up to Zona Rosa where we started at a super-fun place called the "Maze Craze"!
It also happened to be St. Patty's Day, so we all wore our green.
The first area we explored at the Maze Craze was the Mirror Maze. Oh my, was this place fun! We laughed and laughed as we ran into mirror after mirror trying to find our way out of this maze.
We went through the mirror maze a couple of times, but never really got any better at it. We sure laughed a lot, though! Next up was Laser Tag. This was actually the inspiration for this JM&MB Day, as Calvin had been begging to play laser tag and I found this place online so we started planning.
We had our laser guns charged and ready to go!
I did a couple of rounds with the boys and then watched from the lobby for a 3rd round. I loved how they had monitors so you could watch the action.

We even had green vests for the holiday, although I think we look a bit like TMNT. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for those of you who didn't grow up in the late 80s and early 90s.
Our last adventures at the Maze Craze came in the "Laser Maze", which was a Mission Impossible-type challenge of trying to make it through without breaking any lasers.
The boys could choose Easy, Intermediate, Difficult, or Expert to determine the number of lasers covering the room.
I bet the boys went through this one at least 10 times each. They were determined to beat their best time!
We worked up quite the appetite at Maze Craze and chose the boys' all-time favorite place for our lunch: Buffalo Wild Wings! We stuffed ourselves with some yummy wings. . .
. . . and then attempted to burn off some of those calories on our after-lunch hike. Calvin found this park all by himself while searching online and was so proud of himself, I had no choice but to drive the additional 15 miles into Missouri for us to hike these trails.
Calvin can always be found climbing something and there were plenty of fallen trees for him to explore.
At one point, he fell behind us and told us to wait while he was making something.
He was so proud to present his brother with this one-of-a-kind stick and leaf creation.
I love these boys so much.
We finished the day fulfilling Oliver's request: making chocolate chip scones. And they were yummy.
Another great day spent with my favorite boys!






















No comments:
Post a Comment