On Sunday, the rain stayed away just long enough for us to enjoy the annual Breast Cancer Awareness 5K that the high school student council sponsors each spring. Thousands of dollars have been raised through this event, and much of it stays right in Franklin County. It's always fun to see the community come out in support of such a worthwhile cause. Calvin has completed several 5Ks, but this is the first time that Oliver has been interested enough to try it. Which was convenient since this is the first time there has been no vacancy in the double stroller. . .
Oliver finished up his "race" with Grandma Jo, Grandma Shirley, and Aunt Karen (and there are rumors that he was carried for a bit, but these have yet to be confirmed).
Calvin finished strong with the other kids who were actually running. I don't remember his exact time, but I think it was around 40 minutes.
Breast cancer has affected so many women in my life -- I can't wait for the day that there is a cure once and for all!
No comments:
Post a Comment