Friday, September 25, 2026

Evelyn & the Eagle News

 Evelyn was excited to be invited to be in "Publications" class this year. This is a class reserved for 8th graders who excel in English, and they are responsible for the Middle School Yearbook as well as a monthly newspaper called the "Eagle News." The September edition was just published and the kids did such a great job!

Evelyn's article for the first issue was on the new cell phone ban that went into place this school year.  I love how she is learning how to compose a newspaper article as well as photography skills.
I can tell this class is challenging for her, as she is always talking about their next deadlines (both for Yearbook and Eagle News).  But it's definitely a good kind of challenge, as she is really enjoying it.  Her teacher, Heather Adams, does a really great job of making it fun, in spite of having high expectations for their finished product.  (It also doesn't hurt that all of her best friends are in the class with her.) I'm excited for the October issue to come out!

No comments: