Brynnie and the Eudora Cardinals were SO MUCH FUN to watch this year! They'd played well together and had some incredibly-talented ball players. They handled their substate easily for a trip to the state tournament. (Thank you to the Eudora Times for several of the pictures in this post.)
Congrats, Lady Cards!!
Their quarterfinal game was at 2:00 on Tuesday at Kansas City Kansas Community College (and then Oliver's game was at 8:00 at Friends in Wichita; see next post). Evelyn brought her besties along with us so that ALL of her besties, including Kyla, could be together to cheer on Brynn.Eudora was the #3 seed, so we were the home team for this match-up.
Unfortunately, we drew the short-straw yet again with the #6 seed being Bishop-Miege. If Eudora's record had included one more win, or one more loss, we could have avoided in the first round. Their record is always deceiving as they are a 4A school who plays 6A schools all season.
We got our program. . .
. . . Brynn was one of the captains. . .
. . . and the starting line-ups were announced. Let's go, Brynnie!!The first half was back-and-forth, and we trailed by 4 going into halftime.
Brynn played her heart out. She was matched up with their stud, Mary Grant, who is the all-time leading scorer for Miege. Brynn and Mary played very similarly, and it was a hard-fought battle.
Unfortunately, we came up on the wrong side of the scoreboard on this particular day. I believe that we were very well-matched and would beat this team more often than not. But it wasn't meant to be this time. Brynn is such a competitor and lover of the game. I absolutely LOVE watching my god-daughter do what she loves. I'm thankful for her heart and tenacity and attitude and humility on the court. Most of all, I'm thankful that we get to watch her another year! I love you, Brynn Marie! And I'm SO proud of you!!














No comments:
Post a Comment