This was the first year in several that the Chiefs didn't even make the play-offs. I know, I know, we've been so spoiled lately. Joy & Scott still hosted their usual Superbowl party with the main difference being that no one cared even a little bit about the game itself. My girls were most interested in Baby Sawyer, who is SO CUTE!
Violet seriously didn't leave his side the entire night.
My boys (yes, plural -- Calvin came home!) hung out with their besties and enjoyed all of the good food.
You won't find a better squad of young men than these right here.
Since the Chiefs weren't in it, Russ and I pulled out our jerseys that we used to always wear to Superbowl parties. Here's the proof from 20 years ago:
And here's the obligatory comparison shot from today. Calvin has changed a bit.
It was quite possibly the most boring Superbowl in history. Since I had to work early on Monday morning, I didn't even stay until the end. I think the Seahawks won. At any rate, we had a fun evening with a full house, lots of conversations, even more good food and company. I'm always thankful for an excuse to get together with my family!






No comments:
Post a Comment