As I've mentioned in previous posts, Oliver joined the football team this fall as the manager and drone filmer. I know he had a great time spending every afternoon at practice with his friends, helping coach on the sidelines, and of course, attending the traditional Thursday night team dinners. With Calvin graduating last year, it was great having a son on the sidelines again this year. Wellsville football has such strong tradition (this year's seniors never had a practice after a loss!) and I love that my sons have played a part in this. I'll turn the rest of this post over to Oliver to tell you more.
This football season I was the manager/drone filmer. It was a lot of fun to be at practice and fly the drone for them.
Most of the time I was standing on the sideline talking to Austin and Pete
(when we were on defense), giving them some pointers.
My main job was getting the kicking tees for Matt, since he played the whole game and couldn't come to the sideline.
Everyone always comes out to the games, and they are a fun time for the community.
After the games, we would always sing the school song, which is pretty cool.
It was our most successful season in 10 years, as we made it to the semi-final game, going 11-1. I'm glad I was able to be a part of it.







No comments:
Post a Comment