Saturday, December 24, 2022

Happy 17th Birthday, Calvin James!

My oldest baby boy, the one who made me a mom, turns 17 today! I saw this cartoon and it made me laugh, thinking of our Christmas Eve baby.

Not to break tradition, we had our pizza movie night to get the celebration started.

We didn't made it to 2:36 a.m. this year, but we did start another movie after these pictures were taken on his actual birthday. 

 Violet gave the birthday boy some lovin' before we got the muffins and kid wine out.

This year he got a random assortment of clothes and house shoes (that's actually what he asked for).
Singing to and toasting our favorite 17 year old!!
We had checked out 10 movies at the library, but these were the ones we ended up watching.  (I forgot just how stupid Ace Ventura was.)  And this is what our upstairs looked like in the morning. . . I love that my kids love these movie night sleepovers upstairs!
It's so hard for me to believe that it's been 17 years since Russ and I celebrated our most intimate Christmas ever.  At work last week, my newest coworker asked me what my favorite Christmas gift ever was.  It took me no time at all to say "Calvin James!"  He has always been my favorite Christmas gift and I love celebrating his birth along with the birth of Jesus each year.  What an awesome young man he is! I couldn't be more thankful that he's mine.
Happy, happy birthday to my Calvin James! May 17 be your best year yet!

No comments: