Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year 2017!

I ended up working the weekend of New Year's, so we had an extra-laid back New Year's Eve at home.  Our only 'party-attenders' other than our little family were Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Kermit, but we still had a great time!  We followed our tradition of playing games, and this year the choices were:
Turns out, most of us are indeed smarter than a 5th grader, including our resident 5th grader.  Grandpa Kermit was very quick at coming up with lots of original Bible Trivia questions, and Wits and Wagers was a favorite for 3 years running!
 We celebrated early and toasted to 2017!
 Violet and I went to bed shortly after the East Coast rung in the New Year, but the rest of the family were sure to wake me up (briefly) when the actual New Year arrived.  Looks like they had plenty of fun without Vi and me.  (The next two pictures courtesy of my sweet husband.)
 We had such a wonderful 2016, and I just can't express my gratitude enough for all of the blessings God has placed in my life!  I'm looking forward to 2017 and everything it will bring to our family!

No comments: