Monday, September 14, 2015

Tractor Show 2015

This weekend was the 21st Annual Power of the Past Tractor Show in Ottawa, and the 7th Annual time for our family to attend!
Rather than the tractors, I'm certain the highlight this year for my kids was the petting zoo.  Russ and I had to DRAG them out to see some tractors at the tractor show!
Okay, so I had to drag ALL of them out.  Russ wasn't helping as he and the llamas got perhaps a little too friendly.
And I have to admit, I was kind of sweet on the adorable baby pig.  Seriously, for being really ugly, look how cute he is!
Everyone wanted a chance to feed "Wilbur" as the boys quickly named him.
The goats were kind of hilarious, too, as they stuck their heads out as far as they could to beg for food.
Violet wanted to feed the goats, and then she really DIDN'T want to feed the goats.
Okay, let's check out some tractors!  There is always a 'featured' tractor, and we've seen Masseys and Fords, Cases and John Deeres among others.  This year was different with the theme of "orphans and lesser known tractors."  Evelyn and I liked the Silver King.
The boys all had to find their usual favorites: Calvin with the Allis-Chalmers. . .
. . .Oliver with the Oliver. . .
. . . and Daddy (and Violet) with the Farmall.
The girls liked seeing the majestic horses pulling the wagons around to transport people.
We were there during their free ham and beans dinner this year and it was so yummy!  We got our homemade cornbread from the tent and then filled up with the ham and beans from one of the big black kettles.
And of course the kids NEEDED homemade ice cream for dessert.  It's become a bit of a tradition to get ice cream made by the antique engine at the tractor show.
There was a new super-fun playground at the park this year that the kids insisted on checking out.  There were so many fun things to do!
We were able to visit the tractor show on September 11.  It gave us a nice family time to reflect on the events of 14 years ago and discuss all of the things we are thankful for.  Second to the gift of Jesus, my family is definitely what I am most thankful for and I love being able to have special family traditions, like attending the tractor show!

No comments: