Courtesy of what weathermen are calling the "Polar Vortex", the kids were out of school today for a unprecedented "cold day". . . not a snow day, just cold. It was -9 degrees outside when we woke up, and the temperatures have barely made it into the positive digits all day. To make it even worse, the wind chills have been approaching a negative 30! Brrrrrr. So, we celebrated the bonus day out of school by doing whatever the boys wanted to do. Well, mostly anyway. They are my guest bloggers for the day, which coincidentally is something they did NOT want to do, but I figured I'd make them use their brains a little and do some writing. And I mean it when I say a "little", as you'll see. They took turns, each writing about a picture at a time. They certainly aren't wordy like their mother. . .Without further ado, I present Calvin and Oliver's first post!
We are eating bacon and muffins.
I am smiling and reading.
I'm in the sleeping bag with Evelyn.
This is my corn dog guy.
I am eating spaghetti rings.
Me and calvin are watching a movie.
ha ha ha Oliver is not in the picture.
Calvin is being silly i am playing the i pad.
So there you have it folks, a perfect day at home according to Calvin and Oliver. Well, minus the reading and the blogging, which I forced them into. Muffins and bacon for breakfast, corn dogs and spaghetti-ohs for lunch, movies, ipad, playing "sack of potatoes" in the sleeping bag, and some basketball and bracelet making that we didn't get pictures of. I hope everyone has stayed warm and enjoyed their bonus day as much as we have!
No comments:
Post a Comment