Thursday, October 18, 2012

Soccer Season Success!

Last fall, Calvin played flag football.  When it was time to sign up this fall, he surprised us by saying he would rather play soccer.  To be honest, I wasn't all that excited -- AT FIRST -- that he wanted to play soccer.  I just thought football was much more exciting.  Well, then Oliver mentioned that he too would like to play soccer.  Then we realized that both boys could be on the same team.  Then I WAS EXCITED.  With Evelyn on the way and life busy as ever, the thought of having the boys on the same team with the same schedule was extremely attractive!  Russ was approached about coaching the team, and was a bit hesitant as his extent of soccer knowledge ended with freshman P.E. class, but ultimately he decided that coaching 3-6 year olds wasn't exactly the World Cup and he could probably handle it.

Here are some of the highlights of our boys playing soccer together on the Blue Dolphin Team!  Oliver did great in his first experience with organized sports!

Goal, Oliver!
 
And it was no surprise that Calvin was a go-getter, always the competitor.
Goal, Calvin!
 As usual, Miss Violet found plenty of people to hang out with at the games.
 
Sometimes she entertained herself by climbing trees. . .
. . . and sometimes she and her friend Zoe served as the cutest little cheerleaders, cheering on their big brothers!
I just loved watching my boys play together.  Maybe someday I'll get to watch them play high school sports together??
Have you ever seen a cuter goalie?  And that intensity is second to none!
 I just love how he never stopped smiling while playing.  Such a happy boy he is.
 A few more action shots throughout the season. . .

 
Coach Russ getting the game plan in place. . .
 Good game, good game. . .
 After the final game this week, we had the team over for a pizza party to celebrate such a successful season! Although they don't officially keep score, you can bet Calvin knew the score of each game, and was proud to announce that the Blue Dolphins were undefeated!

 Love my little soccer stars!

No comments: