Violet had a busy morning in Cleft Clinic today, although there wasn't much new or exciting information discovered. It was more of a "keep up what you're doing" kind of day, which is okay sometimes, too.
Here she is waiting patiently for her name to be called. . .
. . . and did she look cute or what?? When we're at Mercy, we have to represent, because you never know which team those folks are cheering for. We are ready for the Jayhawks to start their March Madness run tonight!
Here was the rundown of the day:
~ Dr. Singhal (Plastic surgery) -- As I said before, we canceled her "Palate Repair Take 3" that was scheduled for this summer, and he completely understood why (and I think he was actually a bit relieved). He said the fistula (hole) in her palate is "sizable" and he plans to attempt closure again when she is 4. So we'll have an entire year between visits with Dr. Singhal!
~ Dentist -- Last year we were told Violet had an underbite, but that seems to have corrected itself. The dentist said her bite looks great, her last set of molars are coming in, and overall her teeth look good.
~ Speech -- the survey they did last year was updated and, no surprise, Violet scored "poor" in all areas. They tried to encourage me by saying she did have a couple of areas that were "emerging". . . I know she doesn't talk, and I know we are doing everything we can do to get her talking, so we'll just continue to be patient!
~ Nutrition -- the dieticians were very pleased with Miss Violet and how well she is eating and her weight gain. They were also pleasantly surprised to hear that she has been on regular thin liquids for a month now with no problems (yippee! no more yucky thickener!) Nothing to change here!
~ Audiology -- they attempted a booth hearing screen, but our little patient was losing her patience by now. Once she started tearing off her glasses and headband, I told the audiologist that I didn't think today was the day.
~ ENT -- the excessive earwax was removed from her ear canals (pleasant, I know. She gets it from her dad), and the ENT verified that both of her tubes were still in place and functioning as they are intended. Here she is enjoying climbing on the chair in that office. . .
~ Social Work -- our final stop of the day, more than anything just to visit. This social worker was the one who first told us about LeeAnn Britain, where Violet goes to "school" and receives most of her therapy. I thanked her for that information and told her how much Violet loves it! She told me about a program called "Families Together, Inc" that we will likely look into as Violet gets a little older.
And that was it for today! Let's get out of here and get ready to cheer on our Jayhawks! Rock Chalk, baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment